Kirschenhofer GmbH was founded in 1995 by Walter Kirschenhofer as a machine design office. He soon realized that the designed machines was very difficult to translate to the actual machine builder. Thus the move to acquire a facility to manufacture and assemble the machines in house.
The year 1998 was another big step for Kirschenhofer GmbH when we moved into our facility in Nersingen, too keep up with the rising demand in machines and the big task of automating the complex machines required from industry. It also marked the birth of the first “Tube Canning machine” for Catalytic Converters.
With the ever-evolving automation technology, it was soon time to expand. At the end of 2008, we decided to expand our automation department and get our LabVIEW development partner on board. They supported us in terms of new technology development to meet customer requirements. The second expansion phase of the premises was also well underway and was completed in 2011 with a new 300 m² warehouse, a 600 m² assembly hall and an office building for our designers, programmers and administration.
In 2013 we changed our name to Kirschenhofer Maschinen GmbH to emphasize what we do as a company which is providing machines of all kind, for various markets.
It was soon thereafter that the planning for the third phase expansion took shape. With the acquisition of a building site for a new facility to house our development and automation department.
Start of partnership with S4 integration
This brings us to today's Kirschenhofer Maschinen GmbH, which now covers an operating area of approx. 20,000 m². Our market leading company consists of:
- Office building where our mechanical engineering and administration department is located
- Office building housing the software and development department including the electrical design
- Hall 1 where our training and development center is located, where maintenance personnel, operators and technicians can be trained on new technologies and our machines
- Hall 2 with an area of approx. 1,000 m², in which all our machines are assembled with the highest precision
- Hall 3 with an area of approx. 1,400 m², in which our electrical installation and the goods receiving with spare parts warehouse is located
- Hall 4 is an approximately 1,400 m² building, which is reserved for future expansion
- Hall 5 houses our in-house production of SECON Maschinenbau UG